KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (abbreviation: KKH; known formerly as Kandang Kerbau Hospital) is the largest hospital specialising in healthcare for women and children in Singapore, located at 100 Bukit Timah Road in Kampong Java, within the planning area of Kallang.
From its humble beginnings as a small general hospital in 1858 to a 30-bed maternity hospital in 1924, KKH has grown into an 830-bed hospital providing obstetric and gynaecology, neonatology and paediatric services. Often affectionally referred to as “KK” amongst locals, it is the birthplace of a sizeable proportion of Singaporeans, delivering over half of total newborns in the country as early as 1938.
In 1966, the hospital entered the Guinness Book of Records for delivering the highest number of newborns within a single maternity facility for that year, and it continued to hold on to this record for a full decade, delivering 85% of the population.
In March 1997, the hospital moved to its present site. In 2003, the old premises was marked as a historical site by the National Heritage Board, a tribute to an institution that has been the birthplace of over 1.2 million Singaporeans since its inception.
This hospital is open exclusively to women and children. It has 23 women’s services and 37 children’s services. There are 830 beds available 24 hours a day.
Address: 100 Bukit Timah Rd, Singapore 229899
Phone: +65 6225 5554