The Hermanos Ameijeiras Hospital is located in Barrio San Lazaro and is the premier hospital in Cuba. It was opened in 1982.
Providing medical attention of excellence and facing the introduction and assimilation of advanced technology has been the main objective of the Institution, in the care of patients with major diagnostic and therapeutic complexities.
Some of the specialties recognized worldwide are:
- Organs and tissue transplantation
- Interventional endoscopy
- Extracorporeal lithotripsy
- Hyperbaric oxygenation
- Advanced techniques in histological and cytological diagnosis
- Surgical techniques in highly complex diseases and minimally invasive surgery
In addition to its medical services, the centre has been offering advanced medical academic and training programs for national and foreign professionals and health technicians. That is in addition to its role as an advanced research and development hub for:
- Organ and tissue transplantation
- Malignant diseases
- Minimally invasive surgery
- The integration of basic and clinical sciences and informatics
Address: Calle San Lázaro # 701 esq. a, Padre Varela, 10400, Cuba
Phone: +53 7 8761210